Have you ever thought about what it would be like to put on the uniform of the Union Army and march into battle? Are you interested in becoming a re-enactor? The 87th PVI is recruiting new members.
The 87th Regiment, Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry, Company C is a member of 1st Regiment, Federal Volunteer Brigade. We are based in York County, PA, but draw members from all over south central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland.
Recruits must be at least 16 years of age to carry a firearm or 12 years of age to be a musician or guidon bearer. (No age requirement for civilians.) Each recruit is required to learn and comply with standard 1860 US Army Regulations and Manual of Arms. Additionally, each recruit must provide the basic uniform and equipment (listed below) which will enable him/her to function as a soldier in the 1860's era Federal Army.
Muster Roll – 87th PVI Company C
- Craig Mason
- Ty Dasher
- Allen Brenner
- Jim Van Laeys
- Richard Anderson
- Don Warner
- John Reem III
- Cameron Arntz
- Ben Beazley
- William Buttermark
- Wayne Cleaver
- Dennis Conley
- Thompson Dasher
- Steve Hilt
- Don Howard
- Paul Ilyes (chaplain)
- Chris McKee
- Domi Miller
- Jim Myles
- Kevin Shroyer
- Chris Stihel
- Edward Scott Sturdivant (chaplain)
- Zach Taylor
- Jacob Trate
- Cathy Ensor
- Sherre Hilt
- Annie Susemihl
- Ann Warner
- Kaitlyn Fawber Robbins
- Tyler Robbins
- Dennis Brandt
If you would like to join the 87th PVI or would like more information contact us at email@example.com.
Uniform & Equipment Requirements
It is strongly recommended that new recruits do not purchase a uniform or equipment without first consulting an experienced member of the 87th PVI.
- Federal kepi or forage cap
- Sack coat — dark blue, 4 button
- Trousers — sky blue with braces (suspenders)
- Jefferson boots/brogans, wool sox
- Shirt — 4 button military style
- Musket (with sling, recommended)
- Springfield Rifled Musket, Model 1861, .58 cal.
- Enfield Rifled Musket, Model 1853, .58 cal. (originally .577 cal.)
- Bayonet with scabbard (must be matched and fitted to rifled musket)
- US black leather cartridge box with oval US brass plate; sling with brass Eagle breastplate
- Percussion cap box — black leather
- Waist belt with oval US brass buckle and keeper
- Canteen — blue wool cover with white webbing strap
- Haversack — black tarred canvas
Last updated 3/19/2019.